Scholarship Winner Making an Impact at NSU

Opportunity and the caliber of the faculty were two of the things Anessa Rippie found attractive about NSU when she was looking at colleges. Originally from New Jersey, Rippie chose to earn her Bachelor of Science in Business Administration from NSU’s H. Wayne Huizenga College of Business & Entrepeneurship. After graduation in May of 2021, she hopes break into the finance industry, either in equity research or mergers and acquisitions.

To facilitate that plan, Rippie joined the Accounting and Business Student Association and serves as the treasurer of that group. She has also participated in the Emerging Leaders Experience on campus.

“One of my goals is to make my impact known,” she said. “From a leadership standpoint, if I can just do as much as I can and help other students reach their goals as well, I think that will be the icing on the cake when I graduate.”

Rippie also serves as the treasurer for The Strategic Forum Student Group, an organization that teaches students about the value of business networking and fosters professional growth. Members of The Strategic Forum – CEOs, entrepreneurs, and business leaders – meet monthly to engage with businessmen, government officials, and civic leaders, exchange ideas, and assist each other in respective endeavors. Student Group members are invited to attend these meetings, receive mentors, and have the opportunity to develop relationships with Forum members.

“It seemed like a very good opportunity for me to sit down and learn from business leaders in South Florida, network, and gain that real-world insight into what I want to do one day,” said Rippie.

In November, Rippie was one of two 2019-2020 recipients awarded The Strategic Forum Phil Bakes All In Scholarship for her leadership skills and involvement with the student group. She expressed her gratitude for the scholarship, but also for everything she has learned from the group already.

“I want to thank The Strategic Forum for teaching me how to be an overall better business person, an overall better leader and for really showing me how to portray myself in a confident way so that I can get trust from other people,” she said. “I think that is something that is very invaluable and keeps getting me into doors I never thought would be open to me.”

Rippie added, “One of the things I like about NSU, particularly in with the business school, is that it’s growing. New opportunities are coming along every single day. Honestly, it’s an honor for me just to be a part of that.”

For more information on giving to NSU’s H. Wayne Huizenga College of Business & Entrepreneurship, please contact Director of Development Monte Kosoff at (954) 262-2412 or mkosoff@nova.edu.