Tony DuBose

Finding Passion Through Giving

As the managing principal and chief investment officer of Legacy Wealth Management, Fellows Society Member Tony DuBose helps his clients pursue their financial goals. His firm has clients all over the world, although the majority reside in South Florida—his home for the last 37 years.

“I grew up in a below-average-income family, and I saw the struggles of my parents and family,” he said. “That encouraged me to want to help others pursue wealth and financial stability.”

Seeing his clients—individuals, families, and institutions—work toward their financial goals has been the biggest reward of his career. His firm recently celebrated its 25th anniversary, and even though he helps others plan for retirement and establish their own legacies, DuBose himself has no intention of slowing down.

“I have a 10- to 20-year horizon prior to slowing down, as long as I am mentally and physically able,” he said.

When he isn’t working, DuBose likes to boat, fish, fly, and play golf, although he is quick to say he has a love/hate relationship with that sport. He is father to two sons, Tyler and Landon, who are 25 and 27, respectively. He also devotes as much time as possible to charitable efforts.

DuBose serves on the board of directors and capital campaign committee for Gilda’s Club South Florida, an organization that works with cancer patients and their families. He is a reserve captain for Vital Flight, a group that coordinates free transportation for veterans and other individuals in need of medical assistance or humanitarian aid.

At NSU, DuBose was a member of the Circle of Friends at the Alvin Sherman Library and now serves on the board of the Halmos College of Arts and Sciences and Guy Harvey Oceanographic Research Center Dean’s Development Council. He has taken an active role in learning more about the Oceanographic Research Center, taking a tour of the facility, attending a sea turtle release, and sponsoring a boat in the NSU Scholarship Fishing Tournament.

The impressive campus and cutting-edge research piqued his interest, and DuBose established the DuBose Family Coral Reefs Endowed Fund to support the research and rehabilitation of coral reefs.

“We have to take care of our environment,” he said. “Our coral reef system around the world has problems, especially here off the coast. I can’t think of a better place to offer a contribution.”

“Being part of meaningful projects that are going to have an environmental impact and educational impact—that’s important to me,” he added. “We have an impressive campus at the OC, and I’m just excited to be a part of it.”

For more information on how to support the NSU Halmos College of Arts and Sciences, please contact Andria Cunningham, executive director of development and alumni engagement, at (954) 262-2144 or via email at acunningham@nova.edu.